The RCMP Police are invading the land of Wet’suwet’en nation and threatening to shoot
peaceful water protectors for working to preserve their way of life from pipelines. Please take a moment to call the numbers below. Feel free to use the script provided or write your own. Tip: if you have phone anxiety you can call after hours and leave a message. The messages are still collected and counted! Please circulate widely.
I am calling to protest the RCMP on Wet’suwet’en nation land and their attempt to dismantle the Unistoten Camp. This is an alleged era of reconciliation following the BC Indigenous People’s Agreement through the Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act.
It is not reconciliatory to invade people’s homelandand to force a pipeline that risks their both their land and water without their consent. It is, in fact, a continuation of direct colonial harm. You cannot allow RCMP to invade and state their readiness to shoot those who are peacefully protecting their land and way of life and claim that you are acting in accordance with a declaration of rights of a people.
We demand that you withdraw RCMPpresence on Wet’suwet’en land and the Unistoten Camp. We demand that you withdraw the pipeline proposal as you do not have consent from the people whose land it would invade.
I, and many others, hold firm in our solidaritywith the Wet’suwet’en people. We will not tolerate this treatment of their nation by the Canadian nation.
- BC Premier Horgan
- Deputy Attorney General’s Office 250 356-0149 and AG.firstname.lastname@example.org (only responds to email but let’s clog their phone lines)
- Ministry of the Attorney General (responsible for the RCMP) 250 952-0483 (provincial) and 416 326-5000 (federal)
- Federal Court: (Responsible for clearing the most recent decision to proceed with the pipeline) 604-666-3232
- Ministry of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation 250 953-4844
- Minister of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources 778 974 2813 (primarily responsible, ECS and FLNR below will record the message and forward it to those in power)
- Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy 778 974-6047
- The Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource 250-387-6240